What a freaking depressing week. These are things that I enjoyed/made me cry. It was very, very easy to make me cry this week.
- The Obamas’ first dance as President and First Lady of the United States, with accompaniment by Beyonce, singing Etta James’ At Last. MY GOD this was so beautiful and so, so, so depressing. Therefore, I’ve watched this at least 30 times this week.
- How newspapers covered the Women’s March around the world. Cry.
- Aziz Ansari’s killer debut at SNL. His monologue was great and almost all the skits were fantastic.
- The endless coverage over how 1) tiny Trump’s inauguration crowd was, 2) big the Women’s March participation was. It must be driving Trump crazy.
- An Emerging, and Very Pointed, Democratic Resistance. The confirmation hearings from last week were depressing too — (SEE THE RUNNING THEME?) — but this article made me feel better.
May next week be better.